Sunday, July 30, 2017

Studio Challenges: I've Got Big Dreams

Hello! Today is a new challenge theme at Studio Challenges: In Stitches.
 I recently bought some new goodies from 
Creative Embellishments and had FUN playing and stitching!! This page also fits
into their monthly challenge as well.

This photo of my son was taken at a car museum in Berlin, Germany during our vacation. My husband & son get excited about all these various car shows, and sometimes I get dragged along. With a big "sigh", I'll say, "Well, I guess I'll take pictures." That being said, it's the only time I can get a true photo of the essence and soul of my son. He has big dreams, and they all include cars!

I got the idea of a big stitched title from Missy Whidden and really, really 
wanted to play with it using a twist of words from the 
song "I like big butts and I cannot lie". 

One technique I struggle with is journaling. Mainly because I usually have a lot to say 
about the page and photo, and then end up writing nothing. This time I did journal, 
but it's attached to the back of the page.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!!

The title font is part of a package from "The Hungry JPEG". 

The various embellishments are a combo of Pretty Little Studio and
Creative Embellishments. The small tag reads "You must give everything to make
your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination."

I cut out the title then hand-stitched all around it using regular thread.
I wanted to use thicker floss, but didn't have navy blue.

All the crazy background stamping is mostly from Creative Embellishments.
The chicken wire stamp is Tim Holtz. The ink is a combination of Tim Holtz
distress inks and chalk inks.

Supplies:
~Paper:
~~AC White Yardstick
~~Pretty Little Studio - Let's Go
~Embellishments:
~~Pretty Little Studio - Let's Go
~~Creative Embellishments - Lightbulb, background stamps, stars
Hand-stitching
Tim Holtz stamp and distress inks
SCAL4 - used Hungry JPEG font
Silhouette Cameo
Bazzil Circle Template
Thread
AC letters (I think)
Dymo Label

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Thanks for playing with Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handstitching, now that's a lot of work!!! Looks great and I love your background stitching. Thanks for joining in the Creative Embellishments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Vivian! That stitched title is amazing! I love all the white with just the spritzes of color...well done! Thanks so much for joining in at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I absolutely love the big title on your page. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! awesome stitching! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout! Love the stitching, splatters, and fibers! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments July Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really wonderful! Great design! Thanks for l=playing along at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete